You may be required to obtain visas before travelling to certain countries.  If a visa is required, obtain it from the appropriate embassy or nearest foreign consular representative before proceeding abroad or consult with CIBT.  Allow sufficient time for processing your visa application, especially if you are applying by mail.  If you are a U.S. citizen, to see if the country you are travelling to has such visa requirements, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.

We also strongly urge all U.S. citizens to register with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country(s) you are travelling to as part of your grant or fellowship.  For more information and to register click here.  Non-U.S. citizens should register with the embassy or consulate of their own country.